Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun Friday... At least part of it...

The weekend started out so good... Who knew what was to come?

Friday I took the little girls to the Portland Children's Museum, to see the new Bob the Builder exhibit. Fun! Sometimes those exhibits do not impress me, usually because they are more for older kids and my kids just yawn through it. Not this time! Bob was right up our alley, and even little scooting Madeline had a ball galloping through the halls all over the place. If you've ever seen her scoot, you know I am not lying when I say she "gallops". The outing was made especially fabulous by having free passes from the library!









Also contributing to Fun Friday, was a visit from college girlfriends Holly, Tawyna and Lindsay. We all lived together at UCU in college and have lots of estrogen-filled memories together. When we get together to hang out, it's usually involves trips down memory lane and lots of catching up. Kyle lived next door to us all during college, so he got a kick out of seeing them all too.

So, Friday was a great day. Until about 10pm when I started getting the shakes... The ladies were on their way out the door when I just started shivering like a crazy person. I was SO cold. Kyle pulled out the heating pad and piled all the blankets in the house on top of me. So began the most horrible night of the flu I have ever had. So, so bad. I didn't sleep at all until about 7am. I just tossed and made sad noises as my body rejected all good things. Thank goodness it was the weekend so Kyle could take over. Several days later and I feel much better, so thanks for all your prayers. You can tell how sick I already felt & looked when we took this picture of the 4 of us. One of these kids is not like the others!! SCARY!!



This weekend was also supposed to be a wonderful visit with my parents (they did come for the day Saturday and whisked the little girlies off to McDonald's and the pumpkin patch), but I was holed up under my covers until sometime on Monday.

Luckily with Kyle's help I was able to rest a lot and get better. I don't know who is more happy that I'm better - me or him! It's hard work running a house with two active girls. I know we are so glad to have each other, and that we don't have to go through these things alone!

2 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Oh man, so sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope things are looking up now! On the bright side, at least it was last weekend and not this weekend with Halloween- I'm sure the girls are excited! (Or maybe it's just mine!!!)

Mara said...

I'm sorry you were feeling so badly. It sounded like it came on fast and furious! I know it's not funny, but I chuckled when I read "rejected all good things" what a nice way to say SPEWED up yuck!