Thursday, August 21, 2008

Madeline turns 1

Yikes, how did my baby turn 1 already? I have taken a majorly scientific poll among my friends. The universal sign of having more than one child is that everything goes by faster. I am sad and happy all at the same time. I am so blessed to have a husband and two children who have expanded my heart bigger than I ever imagined. They fill me with warmth and purpose. Thank you Lord for letting me be their family.

So Maddie LOVED the sandcastle cake I made for her. I think she would have eaten the ENTIRE thing had I not stopped her about a third of the way through. Very satisfying (to both of us!)



We had a party in our backyard, and it was only 102 degrees that day... Luckily we had the kiddie pools out and lots of shade. But we were all super sweaty anyway! I swear we never sweat THIS much in California. Nice. But I love having a summer birthday in our family now ~ finally we can do a sunny birthday party :)

Enjoy the pics!











6 comments:

Mara said...

yeah, I get to leave the first comment! What a cake....how cool is that! So, summer birthdays are fun but SO MUCH WORK, huh??? Sorry we missed it...happy birthday to the sweet girl!

Mara said...

ok...not sure what happened to my other comment, but just wanted to say that I loved the cake and happy bday to Maddie!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a precious little birthday girl! :) Love the pictures. Your family is so sweet :)
~Chelsea
http://hapemome.blogspot.com

Sarah Vertner said...

Happy One-Day to Maddie!

Lisa- that cake is an awesome creation - you should be proud! I want to hear the how-to sometime!

Sarah J. said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's already one too. Where DOES the time go?!? Super fun party, very HOT day and great family picture.

p.s. your yard looks amazing too!!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, thank you SO much for coming by my blog and taking the time to vote for me! I REALLY appreciate it!!! Thanks so much!
~Chelsea